Following a meeting with the management and staff at the Couva/Tabaquite/Talparo Corporation (CTRC), the Public Services Association (PSA), represented by Industrial Relations Officer (IRO), Ricardo Goolcharan was able to achieve favourable results for members represented by the association.
IRO Goolcharan, via phone interview with PSA Media, indicated that since his last conversation with management two weeks ago, CEO Satragie Maharaj, implemented several requests that he made on behalf of the employees.
He indicated that the leaking roof that posed health threats to employees was being repaired, malfunctioning air conditioning units were repaired and partitions were installed for staff that may be compromised of contracting the Covid-19 virus.
At the time of Goolcharan’s last visit at the corporation, staff was concerned with the following:
– Malfunctioning air conditioning units
– Lack of proper sanitization of washrooms
– Lack of adherence to covid-19 protocols
– Lack of proper barriers for staff who may be compromised to contracting the Covid-19 virus. (Three identified)
– Roof leaks
– Four-day rotation of staff
– Rights for freedom choice in vaccination.
IRO Goolcharan stated that he would continue to liaise with staff and management to ensure the continued implementation of all the above-mentioned.
He once again thanked the management for their cooperation in addressing the issues of workers.